Sunday, December 12, 2010

*In Memory of my Father*

*LIGHT A CANDLE*
Light a candle for those we mourn.
Into a new life they will be born.
Do not look for them at the gravesite.
They are somewhere else radiating their beautiful light.

They have gone to a new world where there is no darkness, no pain.
Their light and essence will always remain.
Light a candle for those who have left this mortal place.
They are free to travel through time and space.

When we think of them, they are near.
When we sit in a beautiful garden. Their voices we hear.
When we listen to a divine symphony,
We close our eyes, their faces we see.

Light a candle for they have not really gone.
With each flickering flame, in your hearts they will always belong.

© A.Pell
Guenter Bieber 1938-2007

Today it is 3 years now that me Dad passed away and it seams like yesterday...the death of my Dad was the worst pain so far I had to deal with...I remember as a child I thought parents are always around...they will never die...they are super heroes...I'm happy that kids can think this way :)

The 12 days before Christmas have a different meaning to me now...it is still hard for me to go shopping at Christmas time and hear Christmas music...

My Dad made Christmas always so special...

I remember my sister and I always went to Church at 4:00 pm on Christmas Eve and Dad and Mom were decorating the tree...my Dad must have loved silver tinsle...you couldn't see the tree anymore because of the tinsel LOL he put Christmas music on...had everything dark...besides the Christmas tree lights brought as in the room and we were praying and singing, after that we huged eachother and wished Merry Christmas to each other...then we kids unwraped the gifts and my Mom got always something small...and about 1 hour later he left the room and came back with a tiny box with jewlery for my Mom...that was always so cute :) he did this every year...he brought the Christmas spirit into the house...he loved Christmas :) and later on in the evening he was playing a radio station with all the different Church bells ringing all over the world...we miss you Dad and your Christmas Spirit!


9 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful tribute to your father! My dad has been gone for 11 years now and I still miss him like crazy! It will get easier for you but it will never go away until you see him again.
Hugs!
Brenda

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

What a beautiful story of your Christmas past. I know it is hard around Christmas when we are missing our loved ones that have passed. It's good to think of the good times with them and keep them in our hearts.
Smiles,
~Nan

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Ivonne,Im sorry for your loss.You have lots of loving memories of your dad.~~Hugs~~Pam

Ter'e said...

How blessed you are to have such wonderful memories. My own father has been gone 52 years now. I was 10. I remember his death as if it was yesterday. I do my best to keep his memory alive. I loved your beautiful poem. Thank you.

Mila said...

Ivonne, my heart and my pray are with you...Many hugs for you
Mila

2stitchin said...

Ivonne, What a beautiful tribute for your Dad. It brought tears to my eyes as I read it and remember my Dad too. Things will never be the same without our loved ones as we try to celebrate the Season.
Merry Christmas!
Lynn

Rhonda said...

What wonderful childhood memories you are blessed with. Christmas is my very favorite time of year.....guess it's because I'm flooded with all those special memories and smells!
Merry Christmas!
Rhonda

PEA said...

Ivonne,
I know just how you feel sweetie. My dad passed in Nov 2 yrs ago.I am still crying and I miss him so much. The holidays are especially hard.
He sounded like a very special man. Just know he is only a heart beat away. Just place your hand on your heart, close your eyes and you can feel him there. You carry him with you always..
Hugs,Pea

Nita Jo said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. All my parents are gone... most recently, the grandma who raised me. Christmas does not feel the same, but I'm determined to make it very special for the family that remains and carry on the lovely traditions. Thanks for sharing from your heart!

Blessings,
Nita Jo