Saturday, September 4, 2010

*Bamberg*

This beer is a Bamberger Schlenkerle also called Rauchbier...

I think this glass holds 1 Gallon of beer...nope it is not our regular beer glass LOL

They did this for fun :)


Kevin and I were for 16 days in Germany to visit my family and friends...we had such a great time...my Mom didn't see my husband for 8 years...


Bamberg is a town in Bavaria, Germany. It is located in Upper Franconia on the river Regnitz, close to its confluence with the river Main. Bamberg is one of the few cities in Germany that was not destroyed by World War II bombings because of a nearby Artillery Factory that prevented planes from getting near to Bamberg.


Bamberg is home to nearly 7,000 foreign nationals, including over 4,100 members of the United States Army and their dependents. The name Bamberg is supposed to have its origin in the House of Babenberg.





*Farmers Market*

We love to ride our bikes :)



Former City Hall in Bamberg.




The Bamberger Reiter.





Michaelsberg Abbey












*Bamberg* had a fest going on called *Sandfest* here you can see


the Bavarian people in their traditional Uniforms...it is called a Festzug...and NO we don't


wear Dirndles and Lederhosen all the time LOL


Awww it was such a nice trip...Bamberg is wonderful...when you come to Germany
you need to see this city!

I hope you liked my little Germany tour...

Smiles Ivonne :)



















































5 comments:

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Ivonne, the pics are great. What a beautiful city. Looks like a fabulous place to visit. You know, Bill's eyes would light up if he saw a big glass of beer like that.
Glad your home and had a great time.
~Nan

The Crackling Crows Banners said...

LOL...I think a lot of guys would like to have this beer glass in the cupboard :)
Bamberg is one of my most fav. cities and Dinkelsbuehl is so beautiful...once a year they having a fest...people are wearing clothes from the old days...it is so cool!

Smiles Ivonne

Karen said...

Great pics! My hubby and I love Rauchbier but that is definitely too much beer for me!!!!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Thanks for the tour, I hope to get over for a visit one day! Love that beer glass, my hubby would have fun with that one! Have a great day! OLM

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Lost my last post,see if it will work this time. :))
I would love to go to Germany one day and have you for my tour guide! So many beautiful places.
Love your new samplers too.
Peace~~Pam